iPad grabs 1% of global browser share, 25% of US mobile browsing
Not surprisingly, recent statistics from New Applications, a web analytics firm, show that many people are using their iPad to browse the web. The iPad now accounts for 1% of the global web browser market and 2% in the US. This number has steadily increased since the original iPad debuted in early 2010.
In the US mobile browser market, the iPad grabs a respectable 25.5% which trails the iPhone (35.2%) and Android devices (31.6%). Together, the iPhone and iPad grab almost two-thirds of the US mobile browser market (60.7%). This figure is twice almost twice as much as Android's share and more that eight times greater than Blackberry's 6.9% share. Symbian, Windows Mobile and webOS account for less than 0.5% each, which is a mere speck on the radar.
[Via The Register]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update