AT&T will offer standard insurance for iPhone owners as of July 17th
According to MacRumors, iPhone owners may sign up for an Asurion Mobile Insurance plan for US$5 per month starting July 17th. The Insurance plan can be added to the handset within 30 days of purchase and may include a deductible.
The documentation on AT&T's website has not been updated to include the iPhone but similar handsets have a $125 replacement charge. This is a welcome change in plans for new iPhone owners as the previous insurance offering cost $12 per month and had a hefty $199 deductible.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter