AT&T will offer standard insurance for iPhone owners as of July 17th
According to MacRumors, iPhone owners may sign up for an Asurion Mobile Insurance plan for US$5 per month starting July 17th. The Insurance plan can be added to the handset within 30 days of purchase and may include a deductible.
The documentation on AT&T's website has not been updated to include the iPhone but similar handsets have a $125 replacement charge. This is a welcome change in plans for new iPhone owners as the previous insurance offering cost $12 per month and had a hefty $199 deductible.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update