AT&T will offer standard insurance for iPhone owners as of July 17th
According to MacRumors, iPhone owners may sign up for an Asurion Mobile Insurance plan for US$5 per month starting July 17th. The Insurance plan can be added to the handset within 30 days of purchase and may include a deductible.
The documentation on AT&T's website has not been updated to include the iPhone but similar handsets have a $125 replacement charge. This is a welcome change in plans for new iPhone owners as the previous insurance offering cost $12 per month and had a hefty $199 deductible.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options