Guinness world record for iPad typing set by 15-year-old
Nimble-fingered 15-year-old, Eduard Saakashvili, has set the Guinness world record for fastest typing on an iPad. Eduard isn't your average teenager; he's the son of Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili.
Eduard earned the title and record by typing the alphabet on an iPad in just 5.26 seconds, using the software keyboard. He beat the previous record, held by British teenager Charlie Joseph McDonnell, by a full 1.05 seconds. A Guinness official was on hand to monitor and verify the event.
Congratulations to Eduard. We'll see if iOS 5's spilt-screen keyboard has an effect on future contestants.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options