Analyst ups AAPL on strong projected iPad, iPhone sales
Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley remains bullish on Apple pointing to strong iPhone and iPad sales in June. He's so confident in Apple that he boosted his iPhone sales estimate from 75.5 million million to 77.3 million in 2011.
He also predicts Apple will sell a whopping 100.2 million iPhones and 55.1 million iPads in 2012. As others have said before him, Walkley notes that Apple will continue to lead both the tablet and smartphone market.
So what does these numbers mean for the average joe? More iPhones and iPads in circulation, greater incentive for developers to jump into the iOS ecosystem and extra cash for Apple to pump into research and development for the next generation iOS devices. Sounds good, doesn't it?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter