First jailbreak convention MyGreatFest planned for September in London
The most ardent jailbreaking fans among you might want to book flights to the UK, as the WWDC of jailbreaking events is hitting London in September. MyGreatFest is a convention that plans to attract jailbreakers from all over the world. There they can attend jailbreaking presentations, Q&A sessions, participate in codeoffs with other hackers and jailbreakers, and even have lunch with some of the jailbreaking greats.
MyGreatFest takes place on September 17, 2011 at The Old Truman Brewery on Brick Lane in London. Tickets are now on sale and range from £17 (US$27) for children to £27 (US$43) for adults over 16. There are also group admission tickets available as well as VIP tickets which give you face-to-face time with some of the biggest jailbreak developers out there.
MyGreatFest organizer Craig Fox told ReadWriteWeb that the first official iOS 5 jailbreak may be unveiled at the show, unless the next iPhone ships before September 17, in which case attendees will likely see the iPhone 5 jailbroken right at the event. Fox also said that the response to MyGreatFest has been staggering, and sometime in October he will be announcing dates for MyGreatFest San Francisco 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync