First jailbreak convention MyGreatFest planned for September in London
The most ardent jailbreaking fans among you might want to book flights to the UK, as the WWDC of jailbreaking events is hitting London in September. MyGreatFest is a convention that plans to attract jailbreakers from all over the world. There they can attend jailbreaking presentations, Q&A sessions, participate in codeoffs with other hackers and jailbreakers, and even have lunch with some of the jailbreaking greats.
MyGreatFest takes place on September 17, 2011 at The Old Truman Brewery on Brick Lane in London. Tickets are now on sale and range from £17 (US$27) for children to £27 (US$43) for adults over 16. There are also group admission tickets available as well as VIP tickets which give you face-to-face time with some of the biggest jailbreak developers out there.
MyGreatFest organizer Craig Fox told ReadWriteWeb that the first official iOS 5 jailbreak may be unveiled at the show, unless the next iPhone ships before September 17, in which case attendees will likely see the iPhone 5 jailbroken right at the event. Fox also said that the response to MyGreatFest has been staggering, and sometime in October he will be announcing dates for MyGreatFest San Francisco 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free