Verizon iPhone 4 responsible for 32% of US iPhone 4 traffic
Data from mobile app analytics firm Localytics suggests the Verizon iPhone 4 now accounts for 32.3% of the U.S. iPhone market share. The CDMA version of the iPhone has been steadily climbing since launch, while the AT&T iPhone has apparently declined. Verizon confirmed during its Q2 earnings conference call that it activated 2.2 million iPhones in the first few months after launch. The debut of the iPhone 4 was the most successful handset launch in the carrier's history.
Localytics attributes this rise to Verizon's unlimited data plan, a feature the company ironically discontinued this week. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues in July and August now that the unlimited plan is unavailable. It's also possible the rumored fall launch of the iPhone 5 may slow the uptake rate of the fourth generation handset.
Data from mobile app analytics firm Localytics suggests the Verizon iPhone 4 now accounts for 32.3% of the U.S. iPhone market share....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free