Zynga picks up another iPhone developer, Five Mobile now Zynga Toronto
The Zynga blog reports that the huge social gaming company has picked up yet another iPhone developer to add to its growing staple. Five Mobile, a company that's made various apps for iPhone and other mobile platforms, is now part of Zynga and will be renamed Zynga Toronto, tasked with working on mobile apps and services across a variety of different setups and operating systems.
This purchase isn't quite as direct as some others we've seen from Zynga, but Five Mobile is still a significant mobile developer and they are now fully integrated into the (huge) Zynga company. We still haven't seen a lot of products out of Zynga's purchases, but you have to think that as soon as the company is done settling down its various departments into their correct roles, the mobile initiative for the company will be bigger than ever, led by iOS apps and games.
Zynga's definitely betting big on mobile -- it's already got a lion's share of the market in social gaming, and it's looking to use these developers to translate that audience over to mobile platforms in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update