Steve Jobs look-alike selling Taiwanese tea
We'll see how long this lasts. Taiwan's Uni-President Enterprises Corporation, its largest food production company, is using a Steve Jobs look-alike for a promotion that involves a iPad 2 giveaway. Shoppers who buy a Tong Yi Cha drink are entered into the contest, as "Steve" explains.
Not only does the spot use look-alike, but comes at a time when Apple is cracking down on how giveaways of its products are handled. Specifically, the company prohibits the use of the word "free" as a modifier for Apple product names in a prominent way.
Parody is another thing, of course, so we'll see where this goes. In the meantime, check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter