Steve Jobs look-alike selling Taiwanese tea
We'll see how long this lasts. Taiwan's Uni-President Enterprises Corporation, its largest food production company, is using a Steve Jobs look-alike for a promotion that involves a iPad 2 giveaway. Shoppers who buy a Tong Yi Cha drink are entered into the contest, as "Steve" explains.
Not only does the spot use look-alike, but comes at a time when Apple is cracking down on how giveaways of its products are handled. Specifically, the company prohibits the use of the word "free" as a modifier for Apple product names in a prominent way.
Parody is another thing, of course, so we'll see where this goes. In the meantime, check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)