Steve Jobs look-alike selling Taiwanese tea
We'll see how long this lasts. Taiwan's Uni-President Enterprises Corporation, its largest food production company, is using a Steve Jobs look-alike for a promotion that involves a iPad 2 giveaway. Shoppers who buy a Tong Yi Cha drink are entered into the contest, as "Steve" explains.
Not only does the spot use look-alike, but comes at a time when Apple is cracking down on how giveaways of its products are handled. Specifically, the company prohibits the use of the word "free" as a modifier for Apple product names in a prominent way.
Parody is another thing, of course, so we'll see where this goes. In the meantime, check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs