Antitrust investigation examining Apple-led Nortel patent purchase
Antitrust officials are reportedly examining the recent consortium purchase of Nortel's patent portfolio. According to the Washington Post, the Feds are interested in determining how Google will be affected by the sale:
"Federal antitrust enforcers are scrutinizing whether Google, often accused of abusing its Web search power, is facing an unfair coalition of companies that could block its popular Android mobile phone software, according to a source close to the matter."
Specifically, it's the board reach of included patents that has drawn attention. Apple, EMC, Ericsson, Microsoft, RIM and Sony were among the consortium that took part in the sale. We'll have more on this story as it develops over time.
Antitrust officials are reportedly examining the recent consortium purchase of Nortel's patent portfolio. According to the Washington...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates