iOS 5 beta 3 tethered jailbreak is out, requires Windows PC
It's a tethered jailbreak (requires a Windows machine, in fact) and if you happen to be the type of person who just doesn't feel right without a jailbroken iOS device, you can download sn0wbreeze 2.8b4 and go to town.
Engadget mentioned that there are features like custom alerts for text messages in iOS 5 beta 3, and also posted the following video from AppleNApps which purported to show that you could put app icons anywhere on the home screen of an iOS 5 device. The commenters on Engadget were quick to point out that this "feature" is actually a bug in beta 3 and not a new feature. Whoops!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration