New MacBook Airs reportedly to feature backlit keyboards
Besides a faster processor and Thunderbolt support, the next generation MacBook Air models may also include a backlit keyboard. This feature was present on the first MacBook Air model introduced in 2008 and dropped from the 2010 line. This removal was widely criticized by Mac owners accustomed to the backlit keyboard of their MacBook Pro.
The new 2011 Air models may be introduced in the next few weeks either at the same time or shortly after OS X Lion is introduced. Apple reportedly has 400,000 units sitting in a warehouse waiting for the Lion to be finalized and installed on the hardware.
Besides a faster processor and Thunderbolt support, the next generation MacBook Air models may also include a backlit keyboard. This...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs