New MacBook Airs reportedly to feature backlit keyboards
Besides a faster processor and Thunderbolt support, the next generation MacBook Air models may also include a backlit keyboard. This feature was present on the first MacBook Air model introduced in 2008 and dropped from the 2010 line. This removal was widely criticized by Mac owners accustomed to the backlit keyboard of their MacBook Pro.
The new 2011 Air models may be introduced in the next few weeks either at the same time or shortly after OS X Lion is introduced. Apple reportedly has 400,000 units sitting in a warehouse waiting for the Lion to be finalized and installed on the hardware.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter