AirPlay mirroring for FaceTime appears to be coming in iOS 5
Here's some interesting news. It appears that FaceTime will gain AirPlay support with iOS 5. Rene Ritchie at TiPb has posted a screenshot of a FaceTime call up on a big TV. Noting that he "snuck out to a developer friend's place to try it out," Rene calls the experience "magical."
This feature is available in iOS 5 beta 3, but as Rene correctly points out, not all beta features make it to the final product. If it does, however, millions of people will benefit, and my childhood dream of owning a Jetsons phone will finally be realized.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter