AirPlay mirroring for FaceTime appears to be coming in iOS 5
Here's some interesting news. It appears that FaceTime will gain AirPlay support with iOS 5. Rene Ritchie at TiPb has posted a screenshot of a FaceTime call up on a big TV. Noting that he "snuck out to a developer friend's place to try it out," Rene calls the experience "magical."
This feature is available in iOS 5 beta 3, but as Rene correctly points out, not all beta features make it to the final product. If it does, however, millions of people will benefit, and my childhood dream of owning a Jetsons phone will finally be realized.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature