App Store international pricing changes afoot
Prices in several international App Stores are fluctuating today, as MacStories predicted earlier. Prices have fallen in the Australian App Store; Angry Birds used to cost AU$1.29, but it now goes for $0.99. Strangely, despite the recent weakening of the US dollar, prices seem to have increased in the UK; minimum pricing in the UK was once £0.59, but that's been raised to £0.69.
The timing of these pricing changes may coincide with the imminent launch of OS X Lion, which is expected to launch some time this week. However, not all App Stores have seen pricing changes yet. New Zealand App Store prices have remained at NZ$1.29, an eight-cent premium over US prices at the current exchange rate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)