App Store international pricing changes afoot
Prices in several international App Stores are fluctuating today, as MacStories predicted earlier. Prices have fallen in the Australian App Store; Angry Birds used to cost AU$1.29, but it now goes for $0.99. Strangely, despite the recent weakening of the US dollar, prices seem to have increased in the UK; minimum pricing in the UK was once £0.59, but that's been raised to £0.69.
The timing of these pricing changes may coincide with the imminent launch of OS X Lion, which is expected to launch some time this week. However, not all App Stores have seen pricing changes yet. New Zealand App Store prices have remained at NZ$1.29, an eight-cent premium over US prices at the current exchange rate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync