Foxconn to reportedly build all iPad 3 units
Foxconn is using its production muscle to keep Apple's iPad 3 manufacturing contracts to itself. This contradicts an earlier report that claimed Apple was shopping around for a second manufacturer like Pegatron to assist with iPad 3 production.
According to this new report from Digitimes, the Hon Hai subsidiary has told Apple it doesn't need any help and can handle the expected volume of iPad 3 orders. Don't feel bad for competitor Pegatron, though. It supposedly has a contract for over 10 million iPhone 5 units and is vying for the iPad 4 and 2012 notebook/desktop orders from Apple.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter