Foxconn to reportedly build all iPad 3 units
Foxconn is using its production muscle to keep Apple's iPad 3 manufacturing contracts to itself. This contradicts an earlier report that claimed Apple was shopping around for a second manufacturer like Pegatron to assist with iPad 3 production.
According to this new report from Digitimes, the Hon Hai subsidiary has told Apple it doesn't need any help and can handle the expected volume of iPad 3 orders. Don't feel bad for competitor Pegatron, though. It supposedly has a contract for over 10 million iPhone 5 units and is vying for the iPad 4 and 2012 notebook/desktop orders from Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update