Foxconn to reportedly build all iPad 3 units
Foxconn is using its production muscle to keep Apple's iPad 3 manufacturing contracts to itself. This contradicts an earlier report that claimed Apple was shopping around for a second manufacturer like Pegatron to assist with iPad 3 production.
According to this new report from Digitimes, the Hon Hai subsidiary has told Apple it doesn't need any help and can handle the expected volume of iPad 3 orders. Don't feel bad for competitor Pegatron, though. It supposedly has a contract for over 10 million iPhone 5 units and is vying for the iPad 4 and 2012 notebook/desktop orders from Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features