Foxconn to reportedly build all iPad 3 units
Foxconn is using its production muscle to keep Apple's iPad 3 manufacturing contracts to itself. This contradicts an earlier report that claimed Apple was shopping around for a second manufacturer like Pegatron to assist with iPad 3 production.
According to this new report from Digitimes, the Hon Hai subsidiary has told Apple it doesn't need any help and can handle the expected volume of iPad 3 orders. Don't feel bad for competitor Pegatron, though. It supposedly has a contract for over 10 million iPhone 5 units and is vying for the iPad 4 and 2012 notebook/desktop orders from Apple.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time