JailbreakMe fix available for stuck Verizon iPhones
A fix has been released for Verizon iPhones stuck after jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 3.0. Some users found their Verizon iPhones stuck at the white Apple logo after applying the jailbreak. Not to worry, as Comex has provided the following instructions to get you back on track:
"A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
1. Hold down the home and power buttons until you see "Connect to iTunes", then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
2. Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w. Download:
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
- Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
- IPSW for your firmware version, if you don't have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose 'Install custom bundle', and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally."
That should do it. Also note that the JailbreakMe 3.0 tool has been updated and is now ready for Verizon iPhone owners to use as-is.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version