Microsoft to open another 75 retail stores
Microsoft is going on a retail binge in hopes of replicating the success of Apple Stores. In the next two to three years the Redmond company plans to open an additional 75 retail stores across America and in other countries as well.
As noted by Neowin.net, Microsoft announced the expansion plans today at WPC 2011 and said that after the success of the first eleven stores, which opened over the last two years, the company hopes the rapid growth will help expand the "Microsoft story."
Meanwhile, Apple has almost 350 retail locations worldwide since opening the first store ten years ago. While an expansion of Microsoft stores isn't so much of a threat to Apple, it could make other big box electronic retailers -- like Best Buy -- nervous, as customers may prefer to go to an official Microsoft store to purchase their PC.
Microsoft is going on a retail binge in hopes of replicating the success of Apple Stores. In the next two to three years the Redmond...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free