Microsoft to open another 75 retail stores
Microsoft is going on a retail binge in hopes of replicating the success of Apple Stores. In the next two to three years the Redmond company plans to open an additional 75 retail stores across America and in other countries as well.
As noted by Neowin.net, Microsoft announced the expansion plans today at WPC 2011 and said that after the success of the first eleven stores, which opened over the last two years, the company hopes the rapid growth will help expand the "Microsoft story."
Meanwhile, Apple has almost 350 retail locations worldwide since opening the first store ten years ago. While an expansion of Microsoft stores isn't so much of a threat to Apple, it could make other big box electronic retailers -- like Best Buy -- nervous, as customers may prefer to go to an official Microsoft store to purchase their PC.
Microsoft is going on a retail binge in hopes of replicating the success of Apple Stores. In the next two to three years the Redmond...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update