TUAW's Daily Mac App: Bowtie
Have you ever thought iTunes was just a bit plain? Want a customisable controller that you can theme to match your mood? You need Bowtie.
Bowtie also has a menu bar icon, which accompanies the Bowlet and allows you to show or hide the Bowlet, access the preferences and change the source that Bowtie is controlling. Using a companion iOS app (US$0.99), Bowtie can also control music playing on an iDevice, allowing you to control music playback on your stereo if you happen to have it hooked up to an iPod, iPad or iPhone. Bowtie will also let you scrobble the current playing track to Last.fm, providing a nice lightweight alternative to running the Last.fm client itself.
If you've been looking for a fancy yet lightweight iTunes controller, then give the free Bowtie a try.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client