What analysts think about Apple's iPhone sales
Apple is announcing its quarterly earnings on July 19 and analysts are prepping their sales estimates for the big day. Philip Elmer-Dewitt of Apple 2.0 compiled a handful of these projections which range from a high of 20.25 million from Nicolae Mihalache of Traderhood down to a low of 15 million from Charlie Wolf of Needham.
The average estimate falls at 16.9 million units which is a 101% year-over-year increase and a slight drop from the 18.6 million sold last quarter. In four years of iPhone sales, DeWitt estimates Apple has sold over 125 million handsets.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature