Spotify goes live in the US, iOS app now available
As expected, Spotify went live in the US at 8 am ET. The free service which limits the amount of time you can listen will be available via invites which will roll out gradually starting today. If you don't want to wait, you can grab a paid Spotify plan right now.
Subscribers in the US can sign up for either the ad-free, unlimited service (US$4.99 monthly) or the premium, mobile service (US$9.99 monthly). You can stream directly using your Mac or go mobile with the iPhone app which is now available in the US App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app