Apple gets partial win in HTC patent case
In breaking legal news this afternoon, CNET is reporting that Apple has won a partial victory in its patent suit against HTC. Patent expert Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents tweeted (above) that the result could be a ban on many or all HTC Android products from the U.S. market.
The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that HTC had infringed on two Apple patents that were included in an earlier lawsuit. HTC is expected to appeal the decision.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app