Apple gets partial win in HTC patent case
In breaking legal news this afternoon, CNET is reporting that Apple has won a partial victory in its patent suit against HTC. Patent expert Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents tweeted (above) that the result could be a ban on many or all HTC Android products from the U.S. market.
The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that HTC had infringed on two Apple patents that were included in an earlier lawsuit. HTC is expected to appeal the decision.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app