Paul Allen lawsuit against Apple and others delayed
Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has been stymied in his attempt to sue Apple, Google and others for patent infringement. U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman delayed proceedings so the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office can reexamine the patents in the case.
The USPTO will take a closer look at the patents and decide if they were granted properly. Often when this happens, the patents will be rejected or narrowed in scope; two possible decisions that could have a major impact on the outcome of this case. This process can also be long and drawn out and will test Allen's resolve to stay committed to this case.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync