Bill Atkinson part of the Google+ team (Updated: Apparently not)
Update: The San Jose Mercury News got this one wrong and the info has been redacted in their original story. While Mr. Atkinson is a user, he's not a part of Google's team. Thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention and Mike Swift for the correction.
Bill Atkinson, the developer of HyperCard, MacPaint and a number of other goodies in the early days of the Mac OS,
is now part of the Google+ team as Andy Hertzfeld reported to his Google+ profile a few days ago.
Atkinson's recent work includes PhotoCard for iOS, and he spoke about interface design at this year's Macworld. We don't know what Atkinson has contributed to Google+ thus far, unlike Hertzfeld whom we know contributed to the architecture of the new product.
[via San Jose Mercury News]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter