Bill Atkinson part of the Google+ team (Updated: Apparently not)
Update: The San Jose Mercury News got this one wrong and the info has been redacted in their original story. While Mr. Atkinson is a user, he's not a part of Google's team. Thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention and Mike Swift for the correction.
Bill Atkinson, the developer of HyperCard, MacPaint and a number of other goodies in the early days of the Mac OS,
is now part of the Google+ team as Andy Hertzfeld reported to his Google+ profile a few days ago.
Atkinson's recent work includes PhotoCard for iOS, and he spoke about interface design at this year's Macworld. We don't know what Atkinson has contributed to Google+ thus far, unlike Hertzfeld whom we know contributed to the architecture of the new product.
[via San Jose Mercury News]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options