Google Books app back on the store, sans subscription link
9to5Mac reports that the Google Books app for iPad has returned to the App Store after some time away, and this time it's available only without the "Get eBooks" button that led off to the service's subscription and downloads page. This is due, of course, to Apple's subscription policy requiring that any services or files sold inside an app must present a way to go through Apple's services rather than directly off to Google's own store. Google didn't want to have to offer customers both, so instead they've offered customers neither, letting the app stand alone as an e-reader.
This after Amazon, Kobo and the WSJ pulled their in-app store buttons as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter