Google Books app back on the store, sans subscription link
9to5Mac reports that the Google Books app for iPad has returned to the App Store after some time away, and this time it's available only without the "Get eBooks" button that led off to the service's subscription and downloads page. This is due, of course, to Apple's subscription policy requiring that any services or files sold inside an app must present a way to go through Apple's services rather than directly off to Google's own store. Google didn't want to have to offer customers both, so instead they've offered customers neither, letting the app stand alone as an e-reader.
This after Amazon, Kobo and the WSJ pulled their in-app store buttons as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV