Google Books app back on the store, sans subscription link
9to5Mac reports that the Google Books app for iPad has returned to the App Store after some time away, and this time it's available only without the "Get eBooks" button that led off to the service's subscription and downloads page. This is due, of course, to Apple's subscription policy requiring that any services or files sold inside an app must present a way to go through Apple's services rather than directly off to Google's own store. Google didn't want to have to offer customers both, so instead they've offered customers neither, letting the app stand alone as an e-reader.
This after Amazon, Kobo and the WSJ pulled their in-app store buttons as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free