Nielsen: Apple is the leading manufacturer, iOS the #2 platform
The June Nielsen numbers are out for the US smartphone market and they uphold the trend we have been seeing for the past several months. Android is the leading smartphone platform with a 39% marketshare, while iOS grabs 28% to claim second spot. RIM's BlackBerry OS slides into third with a 20% marketshare.
When these numbers are broken down by manufacturer, Apple is the clear leader. Though Android grabs a majority 39% of the overall US smartphone market, its share is spread among more than four manufacturers with leader HTC (14%) edging out Motorola (11%). Apple is the sole manufacturer of iOS devices and doubles HTC's 14% share with a 28% market grab.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync