Nielsen: Apple is the leading manufacturer, iOS the #2 platform
The June Nielsen numbers are out for the US smartphone market and they uphold the trend we have been seeing for the past several months. Android is the leading smartphone platform with a 39% marketshare, while iOS grabs 28% to claim second spot. RIM's BlackBerry OS slides into third with a 20% marketshare.
When these numbers are broken down by manufacturer, Apple is the clear leader. Though Android grabs a majority 39% of the overall US smartphone market, its share is spread among more than four manufacturers with leader HTC (14%) edging out Motorola (11%). Apple is the sole manufacturer of iOS devices and doubles HTC's 14% share with a 28% market grab.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update