Samsung withholds mobile phone sales data due to Apple legal battle
Samsung reported its quarterly earnings today and, for the first time, the Korean manufacturer did not report its mobile phone sales. Samsung withheld this information because the company has a new information policy that discloses less information about its mobile phones and tablets.
Samsung's chief of investor relations Robert Yi said, "As competition intensifies, there are increased risks that the information we provide may adversely affect our own businesses." Samsung refused to elaborate on the reason for this silence, but analysts believe it is the result of a heated legal battle with Apple.Perhaps Samsung does not want history to repeat itself. Earlier this year, a Samsung executive said the company redesigned its Galaxy Tab 10.1 after seeing the iPad 2. This offhand comment came back to bite the Korean manufacturer when the comment was cited by a judge in a recent trademark and trade dress dispute filed by Apple.
Samsung reported its quarterly earnings today and, for the first time, the Korean manufacturer did not report its mobile phone sales....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free