iPhone augmented reality browser Junaio used to "block" billboards in NYC
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio. This trial feature lets NYC residents replace outdoor advertisements in a handful of locations including Times Square with art from indie artists/activists. This is a beta test of what may become a larger project to digital remove outdoor ads from our environment. They hope to compile enough art work "so you never have to look at an ad in public space again." PublicAdCampaign and the artists involved in this project believe public space belongs to the public and they take a strong stance against outdoor advertising. This AR app is their way or legally removing these ads from the public view.
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update