iPhone augmented reality browser Junaio used to "block" billboards in NYC
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio. This trial feature lets NYC residents replace outdoor advertisements in a handful of locations including Times Square with art from indie artists/activists. This is a beta test of what may become a larger project to digital remove outdoor ads from our environment. They hope to compile enough art work "so you never have to look at an ad in public space again." PublicAdCampaign and the artists involved in this project believe public space belongs to the public and they take a strong stance against outdoor advertising. This AR app is their way or legally removing these ads from the public view.
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free