iPhone augmented reality browser Junaio used to "block" billboards in NYC
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio. This trial feature lets NYC residents replace outdoor advertisements in a handful of locations including Times Square with art from indie artists/activists. This is a beta test of what may become a larger project to digital remove outdoor ads from our environment. They hope to compile enough art work "so you never have to look at an ad in public space again." PublicAdCampaign and the artists involved in this project believe public space belongs to the public and they take a strong stance against outdoor advertising. This AR app is their way or legally removing these ads from the public view.
PublicAdCampaign and The Heavy Projects worked together to include an ad-scrubbing feature in the augmented reality browser Junaio....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time