Rumor: Next iPhone will launch in October
The next iPhone may arrive in October, not September according to a new report from AllThingsD. A source familiar with Apple's plans claims the rumor that AT&T was blocking vacation at the end of September in preparation for an iPhone launch was incorrect. AT&T may still black out vacations for that time period, but it's not for the iPhone 5.
Instead, this source claims the iPhone 5 will launch in October, possibly late October. But what about Apple's annual iPod event in September and iOS which will launch this fall?
In the past, Apple has announced the iPhone a few weeks before its actual launch. It's possible that Apple may confirm the iPhone 5 in September for a mid-to-late October launch. iOS 5 should also be released around that time as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app