Kodak may sell image patent in Apple lawsuit
Kodak may sell the image previewing patent that is the subject of a US$1 billion infringement lawsuit filed against Apple and RIM. This patent is one of 1,100 patents that Kodak is looking to sell as it tries to raise cash. Analysts estimate these patents may be worth more than $650 million, the market value of the company.
In the past, Kodak has used patents to fund its struggling imaging and printing business. It has licensing agreements with 32 companies including Samsung and LG which have collectively paid Kodak $950 million to use the technology in Kodak's image-preview patents. Kodak was hoping to cash in on the RIM and Apple lawsuit, but this potential influx of cash has stalled. Kodak was handed a setback earlier this year when the ITC delayed its ruling on the Apple/RIM lawsuit until August 31.
Kodak may sell the image previewing patent that is the subject of a US$1 billion infringement lawsuit filed against Apple and RIM....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time