TUAW's Daily iPad App: Wreck This App
Wreck This App is a creative iPad app based on the book series by Keri Smith. The app takes the fun of doodling and creative expression and brings it to your daily life. The black-and-white interface is child-like and simple, which adds to the allure of the app.
Wreck This App is arranged in pages and each page has a difference activity. Some require you to perform simple tasks like draw fat and skinny lines, while others instruct you to draw pictures of more complex objects. And it's more than doodles, as sometimes the activities, like the one to document something boring or fill in a page when you are angry, make you think about what you are doing.
You have a set of standard drawing and writing tools at the bottom page and you can import images from your camera roll to include in your doodles. You don't have to move sequentially through the app, you are free to jump from page to page and can complete each activity as you see fit. When you are done with an activity, you can share it on Facebook, Flickr or via email. You can even save it your photo roll.
Wreck This App is highly recommended. It has a pleasing interface and is whimsical and fun. In my humble opinion, it's a great way to pass time, far better than playing Angry Birds or Plants vs. Zombies. Wreck this App is a universal app and is available for $4.99 in the iTunes App store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs