Twitter rolling out HTML5 version for iPads
Apple fans who want to use Twitter know that they have their choice of tools. There are not only dozens of Twitter clients available on the various App Stores, but Twitter also has its own web version and apps for Mac, iPhone and iPad. Now the company is rolling out a new mobile HTML5-based web app for those iPad users who want yet another way of getting their daily ration of tweets.
The new site is being slowly rolled out this week and is full HTML5, giving it a look and feel similar to the HTML5 client for iPhone. The web app features a two column view (see screenshot from TechCrunch above), and supports touch gestures. It's expected that the HTML5 web app will make it out to all iPad users by the end of the week.
Note to Facebook -- we're still waiting for an HTML5-based mobile site or iPad client...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync