Twitter rolling out HTML5 version for iPads
Apple fans who want to use Twitter know that they have their choice of tools. There are not only dozens of Twitter clients available on the various App Stores, but Twitter also has its own web version and apps for Mac, iPhone and iPad. Now the company is rolling out a new mobile HTML5-based web app for those iPad users who want yet another way of getting their daily ration of tweets.
The new site is being slowly rolled out this week and is full HTML5, giving it a look and feel similar to the HTML5 client for iPhone. The web app features a two column view (see screenshot from TechCrunch above), and supports touch gestures. It's expected that the HTML5 web app will make it out to all iPad users by the end of the week.
Note to Facebook -- we're still waiting for an HTML5-based mobile site or iPad client...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration