iPhone preferred by adults, BlackBerry by teens in the UK
A recent Ofcom survey suggests the iPhone is the favorite handset among adults in the UK, while the BlackBerry is preferred by teens. Almost one in three (32%) UK adults with a smartphone rock an iPhone and 37% of teens carry a BlackBerry.
The survey of 2,073 adults and 521 teenagers doesn't address the reason why teens prefer a BlackBerry, but it likely has to do with the lower price of the handset and the ease of texting associated with a full, physical QWERTY keyboard.
Apparently, both teens and adults with a smartphone love to use their handset. About 37% of adults and a whopping 60% of teenagers claim they are "addicted" to their smartphone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter