iPhone preferred by adults, BlackBerry by teens in the UK
A recent Ofcom survey suggests the iPhone is the favorite handset among adults in the UK, while the BlackBerry is preferred by teens. Almost one in three (32%) UK adults with a smartphone rock an iPhone and 37% of teens carry a BlackBerry.
The survey of 2,073 adults and 521 teenagers doesn't address the reason why teens prefer a BlackBerry, but it likely has to do with the lower price of the handset and the ease of texting associated with a full, physical QWERTY keyboard.
Apparently, both teens and adults with a smartphone love to use their handset. About 37% of adults and a whopping 60% of teenagers claim they are "addicted" to their smartphone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature