Ten-Year-Old Hacker presents iOS game exploit at DefCon
A 10-year-old hacker who goes by the name CyFi uncovered a new exploit in iOS and Android games. The time-based exploit lets you advance in a game by adjusting the clock on your phone or tablet. The California girl discovered the flaw while playing an unnamed farming game.
Tired of waiting ten hours for some corn to grow, she advanced the device clock ahead and discovered an exploit that forced the game to advance prematurely. Several games are vulnerable, but their names are being withheld so the developers can apply a patch. Though they may be patched, she has reportedly looked into a few tweaks that may get around this fix.
CyFi presented this information to DefCon Kids, a part of the popular DefCon hacking conference dedicated to the budding, young hacker.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free