Boxee now available for iPad (Updated)
The Boxee app includes the following features:
- Social media functions that links your Boxee viewing to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
- The ability to save videos to watch later
- Streaming from a computer via the media manager
- The ability to send video from your iPad to the Boxee box connected to a TV
Although the link provided to email subscribers is currently not active and an App Store search doesn't bring it up, you can find the free app here.
Update: We tested the app's Mac-to-iPad streaming and it works exceptionally well. If you're looking for a free way to stream video (of almost any kind -- we tried AVI, WMV and MP4 and all did well except when certain older codecs hammered the CPU causing the fans to blow) the Boxee app is quite good. The bookmarklet is also great as it's like Instapaper for video. You can check that out here. We'll have a hands-on later this week. - Ed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)