Apple also suing Motorola in Europe over Xoom tablet
FOSS patents found something interesting within Apple's complaint against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Specifically, the Cupertino company has instigated additional lawsuits against iPad competitors Motorola and Jay-tech.
Translating the German filing, FOSS notes that Apple has used the same court to sue Motorola over the design of the Xoom. The document does not reveal if Apple has requested a preliminary injunction.
Jay-tech, however, was served a preliminary injunction which, according to FOSS, the court upheld "in its entirety." It's unknown which operating system Jay-tech's now banned tablet was going to run, but some flavor of Android is a reasonably safe assumption.
Apple's complaint against Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 resulted in a near EU-wide sales ban of the device earlier this week. Both Motorola and Apple have been embroiled in legal sparring for a while now, and an amicable end seems unlikely at this point.
FOSS patents found something interesting within Apple's complaint against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Specifically, the Cupertino...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements