Apple Store security plan irks merchants, locals
Apple has a gorgeous retail store in the swanky community of Greenwich Connecticut. The beautiful facade and lovely arched windows may soon be adorned with a security gate and this addition is causing a stir in the small, upper-class community.
Apple is installing the gate after a theft last year resulted in the loss of thousands of dollars in computers, phones and tablets. While Apple may be happy with the gate, its neighbors are not. Some elected city officials and nearby merchants are criticizing the nighttime security measure.
Naysayers claim the gate is "ugly", "unsightly" and gives the impression the retail district is not safe. One even says it will make the area look like Lebanon. Regardless of what others think, Town Planner Diane Fox says her office has no control over interior modifications like the one Apple is planning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free