Apple Store security plan irks merchants, locals
Apple has a gorgeous retail store in the swanky community of Greenwich Connecticut. The beautiful facade and lovely arched windows may soon be adorned with a security gate and this addition is causing a stir in the small, upper-class community.
Apple is installing the gate after a theft last year resulted in the loss of thousands of dollars in computers, phones and tablets. While Apple may be happy with the gate, its neighbors are not. Some elected city officials and nearby merchants are criticizing the nighttime security measure.
Naysayers claim the gate is "ugly", "unsightly" and gives the impression the retail district is not safe. One even says it will make the area look like Lebanon. Regardless of what others think, Town Planner Diane Fox says her office has no control over interior modifications like the one Apple is planning.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client