Cablevision brings live TV streaming to iPhone and iPod touch
Cablevision has released the Optimum app for iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows Cablevision subscribers to stream live TV to an iPhones or iPod touch while in their home. What's cooler than streaming live TV is that the app even lets you watch your On Demand movies and shows on your iPod touch and iPhone.
The app also lets you use either device as a remote control for your cable box, allowing you to schedule DVR recordings of shows right from your iPhone or iPod. The Optimum app follows Cablevision's release of Optimum for iPad back in April. Both apps are a free download and require users to be a Cablevision subscriber.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app