Cablevision brings live TV streaming to iPhone and iPod touch
Cablevision has released the Optimum app for iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows Cablevision subscribers to stream live TV to an iPhones or iPod touch while in their home. What's cooler than streaming live TV is that the app even lets you watch your On Demand movies and shows on your iPod touch and iPhone.
The app also lets you use either device as a remote control for your cable box, allowing you to schedule DVR recordings of shows right from your iPhone or iPod. The Optimum app follows Cablevision's release of Optimum for iPad back in April. Both apps are a free download and require users to be a Cablevision subscriber.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features