iPad display quality issues reportedly prompt Apple to cut LG supplies
According to Digitimes, LG is struggling to supply Apple with much-needed 9.7-inch panels for its iPad 2 tablet. The Korean company failed to meet its production goal by one millon units in July due to quality concern issues. As early as May, rumors suggested LG panels suffered from a light leak issue that slowed production.
These production problems continue to plague LG and have forced Apple to turn to Samsung and Chimei Innolux to help meet demand. Apple is being patient with the Korean company, though. It's keeping LG on as the major supplier of displays for the iPad as long as it can fix these quality issues quickly.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client