iPad display quality issues reportedly prompt Apple to cut LG supplies
According to Digitimes, LG is struggling to supply Apple with much-needed 9.7-inch panels for its iPad 2 tablet. The Korean company failed to meet its production goal by one millon units in July due to quality concern issues. As early as May, rumors suggested LG panels suffered from a light leak issue that slowed production.
These production problems continue to plague LG and have forced Apple to turn to Samsung and Chimei Innolux to help meet demand. Apple is being patient with the Korean company, though. It's keeping LG on as the major supplier of displays for the iPad as long as it can fix these quality issues quickly.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options