Pocket God set to release 40th (!) content update
Bolt Creative has announced that it's planning to release its 40th content update for the popular Pocket God app, which will feature a mechanic where players can collect idols and battle them against gods, with more idols and gods in future updates to come. The update also includes a "Mafia skin pack" for in-app purchase, which will cosmetically change some of the game's graphics to be Mafia-related.
But what's in the pack isn't quite as amazing as the fact that it's number 40. Nowadays, free-to-play games and in-app purchases are almost commonplace, but back when Pocket God started a few years ago, that definitely wasn't the case. Pocket God and a number of other titles have really paved the way on this model, where gamers can download a game for free or cheap, and then enjoy a steady stream of content updates from the developers, along with solid in-app purchases.
Bolt Creative has grown Pocket God up into quite the successful franchise, and there's no question that all of these regular content updates have helped the app get where it is today. Very impressive -- here's to even 40 more!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs