iPads aid Disney's Imagineers in expansion of Magic Kingdom
Disney has posted a pretty cool video that shows how their "Imagineers" are using iPads to monitor and make changes to the New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Using proprietary Disney software on the iPad, which allows Imagineers to view and manipulate a 3D digital rendering of Fantasyland, the Imagineers can communicate with the engineers and contractors working in the field to immediately see if any conflicts of design vs. practicality emerge.
If there are any conflicts, the contractors can use the iPad's built-in cameras to photograph or record the areas in question. If there's a conversation to be had, they can kick off meetings right on the spot with Cisco's WebEx for iPad software. Check out the video below to see the whole process as well as some cool behind-the-scenes footage of how a theme park is built. It's wonderful to see Apple's "magical and revolutionary" device helping create magical and fantastic places.
Disney has posted a pretty cool video that shows how their "Imagineers" are using iPads to monitor and make changes to the New...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free