iPads aid Disney's Imagineers in expansion of Magic Kingdom
Disney has posted a pretty cool video that shows how their "Imagineers" are using iPads to monitor and make changes to the New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Using proprietary Disney software on the iPad, which allows Imagineers to view and manipulate a 3D digital rendering of Fantasyland, the Imagineers can communicate with the engineers and contractors working in the field to immediately see if any conflicts of design vs. practicality emerge.
If there are any conflicts, the contractors can use the iPad's built-in cameras to photograph or record the areas in question. If there's a conversation to be had, they can kick off meetings right on the spot with Cisco's WebEx for iPad software. Check out the video below to see the whole process as well as some cool behind-the-scenes footage of how a theme park is built. It's wonderful to see Apple's "magical and revolutionary" device helping create magical and fantastic places.
Disney has posted a pretty cool video that shows how their "Imagineers" are using iPads to monitor and make changes to the New...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements