A giant white iPhone table with no multitouch
German enthusiast and iPhone fan Benjamin Bachmeier has constructed a table-sized computer called the iTableous. This behemoth was entirely hand-built and runs a hackintosh version of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as well as Windows 7 Professional. Dual boot, baby!
As you can see below, the craftsmanship is fantastic. Many of the buttons on the "iPhone's" edge work as well as the Home Button. The base is hinged so that the whole thing can be flipped up so that it's at a 90 degree angle with floor. Perfect for watching movies. On a gigantic iPhone.
The tech specs are as follows: iTableous features 4GB of DDR2 RAM, 500GB of internal storage, a 5.7 megapixel camera and 720p video recording, as well USB, HDMI and a 30-pin connector, just in case Benjamin wants to attach a real iPhone.
We think it looks great. Nice work, Benjamin!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs