A giant white iPhone table with no multitouch
German enthusiast and iPhone fan Benjamin Bachmeier has constructed a table-sized computer called the iTableous. This behemoth was entirely hand-built and runs a hackintosh version of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as well as Windows 7 Professional. Dual boot, baby!
As you can see below, the craftsmanship is fantastic. Many of the buttons on the "iPhone's" edge work as well as the Home Button. The base is hinged so that the whole thing can be flipped up so that it's at a 90 degree angle with floor. Perfect for watching movies. On a gigantic iPhone.
The tech specs are as follows: iTableous features 4GB of DDR2 RAM, 500GB of internal storage, a 5.7 megapixel camera and 720p video recording, as well USB, HDMI and a 30-pin connector, just in case Benjamin wants to attach a real iPhone.
We think it looks great. Nice work, Benjamin!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client