Apple rumored to hold press event on Sept. 7 (Updated)
Update: The Loop's Jim Dalrymple says this isn't happening. Frankly, we at TUAW are more inclined to believe Jim than some hit-or-miss random site who has "been right in the past" -- a distant past. As always, we'll let you know when real invites are sent out to a real event.
Apple typically holds a press event in September to introduce new iPods. Current rumors suggest that this year's fall media event will happen on September 7th. Others have suggested that Apple will use the opportunity to introduce the next-generation iPhone.
Website Kodawarisan claims that "sources in the know" shared the date with them, but really, who knows. A fall press event in September is a very safe bet, as Apple has held on at that time for several years running.
There's a whole lot of "could" and "might" in there, so don't write on the calendar with a Sharpie just yet. If/when it happens, you can be sure we'll have it covered.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements