No Comment: Video game systems vs. non-iPad tablets
Marco Arment posted this graph today, which shows some relative sales numbers of what he calls "obscure game consoles" (which presumably just means those outside the Microsoft/Sony/Sega/Nintendo dominion) right up against tablets which aren't the iPad.
It's true -- the numbers do kind of put things in perspective about just how well non-iPad tablets are selling. We will also say that the TurboGrafx 16 launched at a price of US$249.99 way back in 1989, and you can compare for yourself just how inflation has matched that up against these other tablets. But sure, other than that: no comment.
[via Touch Arcade]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)