Report: Apple A6 production has begun
A report from the Taiwan Economic News claims Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC) has started trial production of Apple's next generation A6 processor. The A6 is an ARM-based processor that includes a 28-nanometer process and 3D stacking technologies. It's expected to land in Apple's 2012 iOS devices.
The rumored iPhone 5 will keep the current generation A5 manufactured by Samsung, while the iPad 3 could ship with either processor depending on its launch date.
TSMC has not commented on its relationship with Apple, but Apple's switch from Samsung to TSMC could help boost the bottom line for the semiconductor company which already manufactures chips for Nvidia and Qualcomm.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration