Apple to boost iPhone orders to 56 million for second half of 2011
Apple may be expecting a banner second half of the year for the iPhone. According to a report by Digitimes, Apple has boosted its orders for iPhone models from 50 million to 56 million units with the iPhone 5 accounting for almost half of this order. The bulk of the iPhone 5 orders will be shipped in Q4 2011 with 20 million units flying off the production line. Apple has asked for 5 million units in Q3 2011, a lower figure that points to a launch date late in that quarter. This 12% jump could push iPhone shipments to 95 million units for the year.
Apple may be expecting a banner second half of the year for the iPhone. According to a report by Digitimes, Apple has boosted its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates