Apple to boost iPhone orders to 56 million for second half of 2011
Apple may be expecting a banner second half of the year for the iPhone. According to a report by Digitimes, Apple has boosted its orders for iPhone models from 50 million to 56 million units with the iPhone 5 accounting for almost half of this order. The bulk of the iPhone 5 orders will be shipped in Q4 2011 with 20 million units flying off the production line. Apple has asked for 5 million units in Q3 2011, a lower figure that points to a launch date late in that quarter. This 12% jump could push iPhone shipments to 95 million units for the year.
Apple may be expecting a banner second half of the year for the iPhone. According to a report by Digitimes, Apple has boosted its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad