Starbucks giving out free apps in the US
Now when you go into Starbucks, you could walk away with a free paid application instead of a bonus music track. According to Cnet, Starbucks recently launched a "Pick of the Week" program that lets you download a new app each week.
The free app offer works the same way Starbucks free music track offer has for years. You buy a coffee or snack and grab a free card at the checkout register. On the back of the card is a code that you enter into iTunes to redeem your free application.
The promotion kicked off with Shazam Encore, a premium version of the music-identifying app that normally sells for US$5.99. Each week there will be a new free application for you to download while you sip your latte grande.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter