Starbucks giving out free apps in the US
Now when you go into Starbucks, you could walk away with a free paid application instead of a bonus music track. According to Cnet, Starbucks recently launched a "Pick of the Week" program that lets you download a new app each week.
The free app offer works the same way Starbucks free music track offer has for years. You buy a coffee or snack and grab a free card at the checkout register. On the back of the card is a code that you enter into iTunes to redeem your free application.
The promotion kicked off with Shazam Encore, a premium version of the music-identifying app that normally sells for US$5.99. Each week there will be a new free application for you to download while you sip your latte grande.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync