Apple, Microsoft may bid to build tablets for Turkish school children
The Turkish Anatolia news agency is reporting that Apple may make a bid for a contract to supply 15 million iPads to school children in Turkey over four years. During Turkish Trade Minister Zafer Caglayan's visit to the US, Apple reportedly told the Trade Minister that it would consider manufacturing some iPhone and iPad peripherals, like Smart Covers and ear buds, in Turkey in order to win the contract.
However, an agreement by Apple to manufacture accessories in Turkey might not be enough to secure the contract as the Turkish government had previously said that the tablets themselves would need to be manufactured in the country. Besides Apple, Microsoft and Intel are also reportedly interested in submitting bids for the 15 million tablet contract.
The Turkish Anatolia news agency is reporting that Apple may make a bid for a contract to supply 15 million iPads to school children...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free