Apple, Microsoft may bid to build tablets for Turkish school children
The Turkish Anatolia news agency is reporting that Apple may make a bid for a contract to supply 15 million iPads to school children in Turkey over four years. During Turkish Trade Minister Zafer Caglayan's visit to the US, Apple reportedly told the Trade Minister that it would consider manufacturing some iPhone and iPad peripherals, like Smart Covers and ear buds, in Turkey in order to win the contract.
However, an agreement by Apple to manufacture accessories in Turkey might not be enough to secure the contract as the Turkish government had previously said that the tablets themselves would need to be manufactured in the country. Besides Apple, Microsoft and Intel are also reportedly interested in submitting bids for the 15 million tablet contract.
The Turkish Anatolia news agency is reporting that Apple may make a bid for a contract to supply 15 million iPads to school children...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update