Google's Photovine goes live with its photo sharing app
Photovine is Google's latest iOS app and it's best described as a photo-sharing app with a public twist. Unlike Instagram which lets you share your stylized mobile photos with your friends and followers, Photovine ditches the filters and has a much more public slant.
You publish your photo with a theme, caption or category and it becomes a vine. Your vine can be as simple as "photographs of ice cream" to as abstract as "the color orange." Once you create a vine, other people can contribute to that vine and you can watch it grow. Likewise, you can browse other vines and add your own photo. Once your photo is attached to a vine, it becomes public and can be seen on that vine and on your profile.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)