Galaxy S II shows Android-stye buttons replacing iPhone-style home button
Samsung has posted an updated video showing the American version of the Galaxy S II. It's notable that Samsung has removed the iPhone-like home button and replaced it with more Android-style controls. In the video you'll see the current version of the phone, and the new button arrangement at the very end.
Apple has loudly (and legally) complained about competing phones that have copied the look and feel of the iPhone design, and it looks like Samsung is responding by removing elements that are clearly derivative.
The U.S. version of the phone is likely to appear on August 29th.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync