Galaxy S II shows Android-stye buttons replacing iPhone-style home button
Samsung has posted an updated video showing the American version of the Galaxy S II. It's notable that Samsung has removed the iPhone-like home button and replaced it with more Android-style controls. In the video you'll see the current version of the phone, and the new button arrangement at the very end.
Apple has loudly (and legally) complained about competing phones that have copied the look and feel of the iPhone design, and it looks like Samsung is responding by removing elements that are clearly derivative.
The U.S. version of the phone is likely to appear on August 29th.
Samsung has posted an updated video showing the American version of the Galaxy S II. It's notable that Samsung has removed the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements