9/11 Memorial app will be iPad exclusive
The 9/11 Memorial: Past, Present and Future app promises to be an immersive experience on the level of the exquisite NYPL Biblion: World's Fair that came out earlier this year from the New York Public Library. 9/11 Memorial is a complete history of the Twin Towers from development to the attacks in 2001 then the recovery. It's reported to have more than 400 photos and hours of video -- and will only be for the iPad.
Writer-director Steve Rosenbaum told the New York Observer he went for the iPad because he felt it was the best platform for the presentation. "The nature of the photographs are so powerful, so to render them in anything but full color seemed wrong to me. And I didn't want it to be viewed on a phone. I wanted it to be big and glossy," he said.
The app will launch September 1. Rosenbaum told the Observer that the app will be free until September 12, then will cost $9.95 after that. A demo video is online now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free