Apple releases iMac Graphic Firmware Update 3.0 to address hanging graphics
Apple has released iMac Graphic FW Update 3.0 to address graphical hanging issues that some people were reporting on iMacs. After upgrading to Lion, many users had reported their iMacs were locking up entirely after playing certain kinds of videos, requiring them to reboot in order to regain control. This firmware update hopes to address this problem.
As with all firmware updates, the file itself is small -- 482 KB -- but it does require you to reboot your iMac and ensure the power is not interrupted during the update. Let us know in the comments if this update resolves your iMac's issues.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)