Apple releases iMac Graphic Firmware Update 3.0 to address hanging graphics
Apple has released iMac Graphic FW Update 3.0 to address graphical hanging issues that some people were reporting on iMacs. After upgrading to Lion, many users had reported their iMacs were locking up entirely after playing certain kinds of videos, requiring them to reboot in order to regain control. This firmware update hopes to address this problem.
As with all firmware updates, the file itself is small -- 482 KB -- but it does require you to reboot your iMac and ensure the power is not interrupted during the update. Let us know in the comments if this update resolves your iMac's issues.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update